A private Catholic school in Nashville has removed the Harry Potter books from its library, saying they include “actual curses and spells.”
Various other schools in Republican states are also banning the books, with officials giving a list of the following reasons:
- Teaching children that old, white men who disagree with race mixing are to be considered ‘bad’.
- Having a young boy feel guilty about inheriting his parent’s wealth.
- Having a Homosexual man in a position of power.
- Having a wealthy young man associate with the working class.
- Featuring a mixed sex sport.
- Suggesting that student protests can be effective.
- Featuring a woman taking potions and having agency over her own body.
- Featuring ‘wands’ and making them appear more powerful than an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.
- A media that portrays the old, white racist man, as some sort of ‘power hungry tyrant’ for merely expressing certain political opinions.
- Giving Children the expectation that a school should have a functional library.